Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: More Olympic Quals

  • igor eduardo küpfer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2003
      From: "Dean Oliver" <deano@...>
      To: <APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 2:32 PM
      Subject: [APBR_analysis] Re: More Olympic Quals

      > We should run this on the 2002 numbers. Actually, you must have the
      > cumulative numbers for all the 2003 teams. I don't. I only have the
      > US. Where did you get the others?

      I summed them from the individual boxscores. Here, I put everything together
      as a csv:
      Individual player game boxes --
      http://members.rogers.com/igorkupfer/odd/olympicqual.csv
      Team boxes - http://members.rogers.com/igorkupfer/odd/olympicqual_team.csv

      ed
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2003
        I'd also be interested in seeing whether these numbers stem form
        the 'team' game, or whether it's an artifact of nobody on the other
        teams being good enough to dominate the possessions. A good way to
        check would be to see how Germany or Spain, both of whom have one
        player who is miles better than the rest, spread their possession in
        the world championships.