Re: Kalman filter

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2003
      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "dlirag" <dlirag@h...> wrote:
      > Have there been any improvements in applying the Kalman filter to
      > basketball since it was last mentioned here two years ago?

      I personally haven't done anything with it in a while. My principal
      use before was to account for schedule strength (primarily during
      small stretches of the season, where it can be more imbalanced).
      Because the NBA is a lot more competitive than lower levels, I've
      found it unnecessary (unless early in the season). You can do it
      other ways fairly easily.