Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Player Profiles and more ...

  • Ludovic LE MOAL
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2003
      Hi Maltre,

      > I have all NY Knicks boxscores of the 2002-03 season in a db, not
      > ALL boxscores. So if anybody can help me out with boxscores can
      > ofcourse mail me too ;)

      I'm not sure this can help you : I've got a website where you can do
      queries on 2002-2003 season : Knicks against Bulls for instance, or
      knowing the stats for the Knicks players on the last 20 games. It's
      based on a Mysql database. You can have a look at
      <http://www.lemoal.org/basket/> and see if it fits to you.
      --
      Ludovic LE MOAL (Quimper - France)
      <URL:http://www.lemoal.org/> ICQ# 92250692
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2003
        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "maltre2002" <webmaster@k...>
        wrote:
        > Now I was wondering if there were people with
        > - player profiles (lastname, firstname, height, weight, college,
        > birthday...)

        I'm working on updating the SeasonStats.zip file with heights and
        weights (as well as changing the age to age at season's end, which I
        feel is a better representation, albeit much harder to do) . . . that
        might be able to help you somewhat, but I'm a ways away from
        completion of the project.
      • Dean LaVernge
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2003
          On 18 Aug 2003 at 18:14, Kevin Pelton wrote:

          > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "maltre2002" <webmaster@k...>
          > wrote:
          > > Now I was wondering if there were people with
          > > - player profiles (lastname, firstname, height, weight, college,
          > > birthday...)
          >
          > I'm working on updating the SeasonStats.zip file with heights and
          > weights (as well as changing the age to age at season's end, which I
          > feel is a better representation, albeit much harder to do) . . . that
          > might be able to help you somewhat, but I'm a ways away from
          > completion of the project.

          Kevin,

          If you tell me how you define "season's end", I'll recreate the file with heights, weights
          and the age as you defined it. It is about a 10 minute job for me.

          DeanL
        • Kevin Pelton
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 18, 2003
            --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Dean LaVernge" <deanlav@y...>
            wrote:
            > Kevin,
            >
            > If you tell me how you define "season's end", I'll recreate the
            > file with heights, weights and the age as you defined it. It is
            > about a 10 minute job for me.
            >
            > DeanL

            That would be terrific, DeanL. I've been using age as of April 15,
            which is approximately when the season ends now.
          • Dean LaVernge
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 20, 2003
              On 19 Aug 2003 at 6:17, Kevin Pelton wrote:

              > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Dean LaVernge" <deanlav@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > Kevin,
              > >
              > > If you tell me how you define "season's end", I'll recreate the
              > > file with heights, weights and the age as you defined it. It is
              > > about a 10 minute job for me.
              > >
              > > DeanL
              >
              > That would be terrific, DeanL. I've been using age as of April 15,
              > which is approximately when the season ends now.

              I've loaded the updated SeasonStats file.

              Dean