East/West

  • Charles Board
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2003
      To me the amazing thing about the disparity this year was how *complete* it
      was in terms of teams....it was very much like two distinct leagues, one clearly
      inferior to the other.

      - only 3 of the 15 Eastern teams were over .500 against and *all three*
      were only one game over at 15-13. Heck, if you count the Nets-Spurs
      matchups in the Finals, they fall out of the ranks leaving only Detroit
      and New Orleans.

      - Conversely, only 3 of the 14 Western teams were under .500
      against the East. And one of those (Seattle at 14-16) was only by
      one game.

      If it weren't for the Clippers (11-19) and Denver (9-21) the domination
      would've been pretty universal.