Re: Dick Cramer's baseball work -- Evaluating history vs ...

  • monepeterson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2003
      > That then changes the question to whether that improvement is 99%

      > training and other BobC reasons or whether it is only 10% those

      > things and 90% genetic stuff. Not sure how you'd scientifically

      > answer that question, but I think (going out on a limb) that most

      > people would assume that it is training, better facilities, better

      > doctors, etc.

      And of course there's the whole thing about baseball leaving out a
      significant portion of the population for no real good reason. I was
      at a party where someone cynically suggested all the records being
      broken today should have an asterix next to them for whatever reason
      (short ballparks, juiced ball... can't recall). A response came that
      everyone before 1947 should have an asterix as well.

      *Against Caucasians Only.

      Moné