Re: [APBR_analysis] First Overall Draft Pick

  • bchaikin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 19, 2003

      i keep hearing that the lakers are going to split up shaq and kobe - i don't believe it for a second - but if they decide to do so, and cleveland gets the first pick in the draft, how about the cavs trading the 1st overall pick for bryant? i think lebron james would be super to have, but i'd love to make kobe the number one man in cleveland...

      bob chaikin
      bchaikin@...
    • john wallace craven
      Message 2 of 8 , May 20, 2003
        On Mon, 19 May 2003 bchaikin@... wrote:

        > i keep hearing that the lakers are going to split up shaq and kobe - i don't
        > believe it for a second - but if they decide to do so, and cleveland gets the
        > first pick in the draft, how about the cavs trading the 1st overall pick for
        > bryant? i think lebron james would be super to have, but i'd love to make
        > kobe the number one man in cleveland...

        I don't think there's any truth to the rumors either, but what I've been
        hearing is Kobe moving to Memphis, not Cleveland. Personally, I think
        Kobe's a good bit better than the #1 pick in the draft, too... if
        something like this were to happen, I'd think it would be the #1 plus
        Shane Battier or something similar.

        John Craven

        > bob chaikin
        > bchaikin@...

      • monepeterson
        Message 3 of 8 , May 20, 2003
          >I don't think there's any truth to the rumors either, but what I've

          >been hearing is Kobe moving to Memphis, not Cleveland. Personally, I

          >think Kobe's a good bit better than the #1 pick in the draft, too...

          >if something like this were to happen, I'd think it would be the #1

          >plus Shane Battier or something similar.

          Wow, the idea of that makes me giddy!

          Moné
        • Leo Walsh
          Message 4 of 8 , May 20, 2003
            Problem is Memphis doesnt own their own pick this
            year, Detriot does. Memphis has Houstons and Orlandos
            which wont probably be any higher then 13. I believe
            Kobe is worth more then a 13 and Battier

            Check www.nbadraft.net for outstanding trades and
            other juicy draft details

            --- monepeterson <mone@...> wrote:
            > >I don't think there's any truth to the rumors
            > either, but what I've
            >

            > >been hearing is Kobe moving to Memphis, not
            > Cleveland. Personally, I
            >

            > >think Kobe's a good bit better than the #1 pick in
            > the draft, too...
            >

            > >if something like this were to happen, I'd think it
            > would be the #1
            >

            > >plus Shane Battier or something similar.
            >

            > Wow, the idea of that makes me giddy!
            >

            > Mon�

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Medea's Child
            Message 5 of 8 , May 20, 2003
              Am I recalling incorrectly, or isn't the Memphis pick
              protected? I think it might be protected *only if
              it's the number one pick*, though.

              Medea's Child

              --- Leo Walsh <lojowo@...> wrote:
              > Problem is Memphis doesnt own their own pick this
              > year, Detriot does. Memphis has Houstons and
              > Orlandos
              > which wont probably be any higher then 13. I believe
              > Kobe is worth more then a 13 and Battier
              >

              > Check www.nbadraft.net for outstanding trades and
              > other juicy draft details

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • Andy Finkelstein
              Message 6 of 8 , May 20, 2003
                Memphis owns their pick *only* if it is the No. 1 pick in the draft. Anything
                else goes to Detroit.

                Leo Walsh wrote:

                > Problem is Memphis doesnt own their own pick this
                > year, Detriot does. Memphis has Houstons and Orlandos
                > which wont probably be any higher then 13. I believe
                > Kobe is worth more then a 13 and Battier
                >
                > Check www.nbadraft.net for outstanding trades and
                > other juicy draft details
                >
                > --- monepeterson <mone@...> wrote:
                > > >I don't think there's any truth to the rumors
                > > either, but what I've
                > >

                > > >been hearing is Kobe moving to Memphis, not
                > > Cleveland. Personally, I
                > >

                > > >think Kobe's a good bit better than the #1 pick in
                > > the draft, too...
                > >

                > > >if something like this were to happen, I'd think it
                > > would be the #1
                > >

                > > >plus Shane Battier or something similar.
                > >

                > > Wow, the idea of that makes me giddy!
                > >

                > > Moné

              • john wallace craven
                Message 7 of 8 , May 20, 2003
                  On Tue, 20 May 2003, Leo Walsh wrote:

                  > Problem is Memphis doesnt own their own pick this
                  > year, Detriot does. Memphis has Houstons and Orlandos
                  > which wont probably be any higher then 13. I believe
                  > Kobe is worth more then a 13 and Battier

                  Good point. Gasol and Battier might work, but I wouldn't pull that trade
                  if I were the Grizz.

                  John Craven

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 22, 2003
                    You are correct. Memphis gets LeBron if they win the lottery, and
                    Detroit has to wait another year for the pick.

                    --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Medea's Child