Re: [APBR_analysis] Pro Basketball Prospectus

  • bchaikin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 39 , May 19, 2003

      went to your website, saw the page on player ratings talking about your formula, but didn't see any formula(s). is this something you wish to divulge in this discussion group (not the game pace stuff, just your coefficients for this past season or 01-02, or any single season, which i'm guessing change year to year), to prompt debate?...

      bob chaikin
      bchaikin@...
    • fadeawaymike
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 1, 2004
        I've bought your book also. First I've read the Prospectus of
        Hollinger and after that Basketball on paper. I'v read reviews that
        said: the prospectus is good but basketball on paper is better. Well
        I don't agree. The analytic methods are there but the conclusions
        are sometimes not so strong. For example your rebounding part. You
        make a conclusion and than you begin to correct yourself(offensive
        rebounds create free throw attempts,...)