More shot clock effects

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2001
      Following message 10, the distribution of offensive ratings as a
      function of time left on the clock (through 3 games) --

      t left Scores PossExt EndPoss Pts Rtg
      0-3 39 13 46 80 94.1
      4-6 31 10 42 64 87.7
      7-9 45 17 44 94 105.6
      10-12 39 12 48 77 88.5
      13-15 32 11 31 66 104.8
      16-18 16 12 23 33 84.6
      19-21 35 6 28 69 109.5
      22-24 17 13 11 34 121.4
      Totals 254 94 273 517 98.1

      It still looks like the quick scores are most efficient, due both to
      fast breaks and offensive rebounds. Need several more games to make
      the stats stable.

      One thing that has become clear as I've gone through this is that
      scoring off of offensive rebounds is at a higher rate than regular
      possessions. Generally "knew" that before, but now it can be
      quantified.

      Further, one of the games I looked at was a Philly game. It was also
      evident in that game that Iverson's misses got rebounded more often
      than others. I don't know how consistent that pattern would be, but
      it does make some sense.