Fwd: NBA title odds

  • aaronkoo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2003
      --- In APBR@yahoogroups.com, Gary Collard <collardg@e...> wrote:
      There seemed to be some interest in what the odds were on the various
      teams
      to iwn the title before the playoffs, so now is a good time to post
      the
      updated odds entering the second round. Note that the probabilities
      will
      sum to over 1 as the books want to make a profit on these bets, so I
      added
      a modified pct column to reflect the probabilities based on these
      odds.
      Odds from CRIS at betcris.com

      Team Odds Pct MPct
      Sac 1.65-1 60.6% 30.4%
      LAL 1.75-1 57.1 28.6
      SA 2.40-1 41.7 20.9
      Dal 5.50-1 18.2 9.1
      NJ 12.00-1 8.3 4.2
      Phi 16.00-1 6.3 3.1
      Det 22.00-1 4.5 2.3
      Bos 35.00-1 2.9 1.4

      As I have said previously, I think that Sac/LAL/SA make up more than
      95% of
      the real probability, maybe even 99%, but the books cannot expose
      themselves to the kind of risk that truer odds would require.

      --
      Gary Collard
      SABR-L Moderator

      "We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a
      man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
      --Winston Churchill, quoted in the Chicago Daily Herald
      --- End forwarded message ---