Re: Hall of Fame

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 15 2:47 PM
      I think you're all forgetting the HOF is combined college and pro. I
      agree with the sentiment that Worthy was mightily overrated as a pro,
      but collegiately he was the national player of the year on a team
      that won the NCAA title, which means he's walking right in. Worthy
      was also MVP of the 88 finals, which has to count for something.

      After Worthy, I'd take DJ over Parish for one reason: He was the best
      player on a team that won the championship. He also made all-NBA
      once. Chief could never come close to making that claim. DJ can go in
      the Hall's new "All-Ugly" wing.

      He's my third choice from the list, but I actually think Parish
      belong as well. IMHO the Hall has too few professional players and
      far too many college coaches.

      Dantley is No. 4 on the list. 30 ppg four straight years is hard to
      ignore, but he never made all-NBA first team and only made second-
      team twice. I say leave him out.

      The other guys are a bunch of Vada Pinsons. Nice stats, good players,
      but stay out of my Hall please.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Gary Collard <collardg@e...>