Anyone have NBA Insider?

  • monepeterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2003
      An interesting tidbit from Eric Neel's column on ESPN:

      "The most impressive stat I've heard all year (courtesy of Chad
      Ford's must-read NBA Insider column last week) is this: when Kevin is
      on the floor, Minnesota scores 14.3 more points per game than when
      he's on the pine. And they hold the opposition to 10.1 fewer points
      when he's out there, too. Call it the NBA's plus-minus rating and
      call KG's 24.4. Then call around -- call L.A. (Kobe: 11.1), call
      Jersey (Jason: 13.0), call Orlando (T-Mac: 10.7) -- you won't find
      anyone close."

      Who's keeping track of these numbers? Where are they?

      Moné
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2003
        That would imply that Minnesota is about -22 points a game in the 10
        or so minutes when Garnett is not on the floor. That's not even
        remotely believable. Whoever did this pulled the wrong numbers out of
        their butt.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "monepeterson" <mone@s...>