Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: More on the Mavs

  • Gary Collard
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
      "Dean Oliver " wrote:

      > Is anyone down in the Big D talking about Better D? I'm not
      > there, so I don't know.

      Oh, absolutely. All of it is covered regularly - the soft D, poor
      rebounding, 1-5 record against the top teams. The thing is, I think it has
      led to the general fan being a bit more reserved in his expectations for
      this team, and that is probably a good thing. Looking back at Det v Bos,
      Chi v Det, and Sac v LAL, the team trying to get over the hump usually does
      not do it in their second try. History tells us that Sac may well be ready
      to beat LAL, but Dal is not yet ready to take that next step.

      The good news for the locals is that they will probably get a Stanley Cup
      out of the deal, a decent consolation prize.

      --
      Gary Collard
      SABR-L Moderator

      "Every time I see the U.S. flag, I don't see the flag only
      representative of a country, but I see it as a symbol of
      democracy and of freedom."
      -- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi
    • John Hollinger <alleyoop2@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
        My own supposition is that the Mavs will have the best record, but if
        the Kings had been in one piece they would have at least matched it;
        my playoff prediction assumes equal health by both clubs.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Oliver <deano@r...>"