more minutes stuff

  • Mike G <msg_53@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      I doubt I can explain how I came up with this, tho it's a cumulative
      index of inflation/contraction of competition for minutes, year by
      year.

      Explanation could be forthcoming, with prompting. But in the name of
      timeliness, here's what I have. A low number is a tight year, where
      minutes are relatively hard to come by. A larger number is a year of
      accumulated expansion, or of dilution of competition.

      yr2 cumX
      53 1.080
      54 1.049
      55 1.007
      56 .980
      57 .975
      58 .971
      59 .976
      60 .961
      61 .947
      62 .991
      63 .953
      64 .940
      65 .921
      66 .917
      67 .956
      68 1.052
      69 1.077
      70 1.072
      71 1.108
      72 1.076
      73 1.056
      74 1.060
      75 1.065
      76 1.041
      77 1.000
      78 1.005
      79 1.000
      80 .993
      81 1.004
      82 .982
      83 .978
      84 .976
      85 .974
      86 .970
      87 .966
      88 .974
      89 .984
      90 1.002
      91 .997
      92 .994
      93 .973
      94 .962
      95 .957
      96 .971
      97 .975
      98 .967
      99 .953
      00 .943
      01 .941

      The software is behaving weirdly (editing produces deletions), so I
      have to be careful. These numbers might be a factor that could be
      divided into other T#nd$x-like number for the designated year.

      For those of us who are into such things.