Re: basketball website

  • Kevin Pelton <kpelton08@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 27, 2003
      Talk of a "Baseball Prospectus" for basketball leads me to something
      I've thought for a while now, and I'll be presumpteous and throw it
      out here. With JohnH cutting back on his AlleyOop work in favor of
      CNNSI, wouldn't it make a lot of sense to get some other voices on
      that site? With all due respect to JohnH, and he's my favorite member
      of the basketball media (myself not included, naturally ;)), I really
      think it would benefit the site.

      Unfortunately, I can't volunteer for anything. I've pretty much used
      up all the "juice" I have with the Sonics in getting to write a
      column for Hoopsworld.com.

      Speaking of which, I'm doing a study of rookie classes this week, so
      I updated the rookiestats file in the Files section in case anyone's
      interested.
    • John Hollinger <alleyoop2@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2003
        Kevin,

        First, thanks for the props. Appreciate it. 8^)

        Second, I've thought this one over a bit, and while it would
        certainly benefit Alleyoop.com, I think the group would be better
        served if whoever was running the site was just focusing on that. If
        I was doing it, it would be done very, very badly, given the other
        balls I have in the air right now.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Pelton <kpelton08@h...>"