basketball website

  • harlanzo <harlanzo@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2003
      some friends and I are starting a web site to write about hoops. it
      is not for any profit we just thought it would be fun if we could
      establish something like baseball prospectus did but for the nba.
      if anyone is interested in contributing regularly or irregularly we
      would be interested in having you. it does not have to be a stats
      based article (though that's fine too), it just has to be well-
      written or thought out. there is nothing at the site but if you
      want to see the address it it hoopsanalyst.com. you contact me by
      posting here or at harlanzo@...

      thanks

      harlan
    • Mike G <msg_53@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2003
        Count me in.

        Mike G

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "harlanzo <harlanzo@y...>"
        <harlanzo@y...> wrote:
        > some friends and I are starting a web site to write about hoops.
        it
        > is not for any profit we just thought it would be fun if we could
        > establish something like baseball prospectus did but for the nba.
        > if anyone is interested in contributing regularly or irregularly we
        > would be interested in having you. it does not have to be a stats
        > based article (though that's fine too), it just has to be well-
        > written or thought out. there is nothing at the site but if you
        > want to see the address it it hoopsanalyst.com. you contact me by
        > posting here or at harlanzo@y...
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > harlan
      • John W. Craven
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2003
          I'd love to be a part of this, too.

          John Craven

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 26, 2003
            I just wanted to thank everyone who showed interest here and via
            email in the website. To clarify any questions anyone might have,
            We are seeking people to write about anything hoops related ie
            current news, a regular column, featuring a statistical issue or
            methodology, historical columns (even [cringe] comparing eras), or
            something about the behind scenes of the NBA like finances and legal
            issues. We also like stuff about europe and ncaa and the draft.
            Anyway, if you are interested in writing, all you have to do is
            submit what you want published to me at harlanzo@... or at
            info@... (it has been broken but i think it is fixed
            now). we will edit it and publish it. if you are interested in
            more regular contributions tell me specifically so we can make a
            schedule. in the meantime, whenever you have something ready go
            ahead and submit it! also feel free to contact me if you have any
            more questions.

            thanks

            harlan
          • Kevin Pelton <kpelton08@hotmail.com>
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 27, 2003
              Talk of a "Baseball Prospectus" for basketball leads me to something
              I've thought for a while now, and I'll be presumpteous and throw it
              out here. With JohnH cutting back on his AlleyOop work in favor of
              CNNSI, wouldn't it make a lot of sense to get some other voices on
              that site? With all due respect to JohnH, and he's my favorite member
              of the basketball media (myself not included, naturally ;)), I really
              think it would benefit the site.

              Unfortunately, I can't volunteer for anything. I've pretty much used
              up all the "juice" I have with the Sonics in getting to write a
              column for Hoopsworld.com.

              Speaking of which, I'm doing a study of rookie classes this week, so
              I updated the rookiestats file in the Files section in case anyone's
              interested.
            • John Hollinger <alleyoop2@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 28, 2003
                Kevin,

                First, thanks for the props. Appreciate it. 8^)

                Second, I've thought this one over a bit, and while it would
                certainly benefit Alleyoop.com, I think the group would be better
                served if whoever was running the site was just focusing on that. If
                I was doing it, it would be done very, very badly, given the other
                balls I have in the air right now.

                --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Pelton <kpelton08@h...>"