RE: [APBR_analysis] Playoff Pressure

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 20, 2003
      Although I doubt it would make much difference, you could simply calculate a weighted mean percent change in free throw percentage. E.g. maybe it was Duncan +1%, Shaq +2%, Payton -3%, etc. etc. Calculate the mean change in FT% -- but weight the numbers by the number of playoff FTs. A player who shot 24 playoff FTs will count twice as much as a player who shot 12 playoff FTs.

      I suppose that in theory one should do some fancy weighting to also take into account the number of regular season FTs, but that'd be a lot of extra work for not much extra reliability.