Re: Dilution, balance, and Bob-bashing

  • John Hollinger <alleyoop2@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 11, 2003
      > I particularly enjoyed Rosen's article on the Sonics where he
      watched
      > one game (one of the worst of the year, for what it's worth) and
      > acted like he knew something about the team. Apparently, Desmond
      > Mason can't make a jumper because he had one bad night.

      Put me firmly in the "pompous windbag" camp. The best thing about the
      Mason comment, for instance, was that Rosen said the reason Mason
      can't make a jumper was his "low release point", which was hilarious
      on several levels:

      1) Apparently he's never watched Steve Kerr. Or Andrew Toney. Or
      Bryce Drew. Or about a hundred other guys who shoot from under their
      chin but make everything.

      2) Mason's release point isn't low, especially given that he's about
      20 feet off the ground when he shoots it.

      3) Mason's problem isn't the release point, it's the lack of arc on
      his shot.
    • John Hollinger <alleyoop2@yahoo.com>
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 11, 2003