Re: [APBR_analysis] Eddie Griffin: Why?

  • Jim Hekel
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28 8:50 PM
      Good spin, Charles, but there is also a few holes.
      First off, there were no top-notch point guards in
      this year's draft. But I agree the NBA's emphasis is
      on guys with size who can move. What the Bulls did is
      a big gamble that I don't agree with. They gave away
      Elton Brand for a dream. It could pay off big time, or
      it could backfire. Listening to the SCORE in Chicago
      today, I am confused about Brand's contract status.
      One commentator said the Bulls could have had him for
      three more seasons.

      As far as these two being able to shut down Shaq in
      two or three years, that would depend on how quickly
      Shaq ages. David Robinson and Tim Duncan couldn't shut
      him down this year and I think defense if probably the
      hardest thing for a high school player to learn.

      But I wish the Bulls well. It will be an interesting
      team to watch in the next few years. One thing this
      deal does do is open up playing time for Marcus Fizer
      at power forward, as the team says the 7-footer will
      play small forward. This lineup could pose problems
      for opposing defenses, but the Bulls will probably be
      forced to play zone. I don't see the 7-footer being
      quick enough to guard McGrady or even Big Dog. Jim
      Hekel, Rowley, Iowa.

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/