Re: East vs. West again

  • monepeterson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2002
      > I'm brainstorming here and probably feeding a column for JohnH.
      > Thoughts?

      Well, as of this morning the East is 44-43 against the West, so the
      West is starting to catch back up.

      I think it's just due to a slow start by several Western teams.
      Sacramento has had injuries and played just a bit sloppy aside from
      that. The Spurs got off to a lethargic start, and Duncan in
      particular hadn't been his usual self (although he appears to be
      coming out of it). The Lakers problems are well-documented. This year
      seems to be the litmus test of how far two players can carry a team.
      The T-Wolves are in a similiar situation. Brandon is still out,
      Wally's been hurt, and Garnett can only carry them so far. I don't
      know about the Grizz. With that collection of talent, it seems they
      should at least be better than 2-13.

      On top of that, I think several of the Eastern teams are playing a
      bit above their heads, Detroit and New Orleans especially, but to a
      lesser extent, Indiana, Philly and Boston.

      Moné