Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Wrongness

  • Gary Collard
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2002
      Dean Oliver wrote:

      > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "harlanzo" <harlanzo@y...> wrote:
      > > > I didn't think Orlando would look so good, even with Hill and
      > > > McGrady. I haven't looked to see why they are playing so well.
      > >
      > > mcgrady has been awesome. they still are too weak up front though.
      >
      > My point on the frontcourt has always been -- Who actually has a
      > strong low post presence? The Lakers when Shaq is playing. That's
      > about it. Strong frontcourts now have slashers, not low post
      > players. And it doesn't take really good players to defend
      > slashers. The other good low post players are guards -- Jordan,
      > Payton, and the like. Again, you don't defend them with big guys or
      > they burn you outside.

      [I am back to this list after a healthy absence]

      I would put Rasheed in that category, but the Blazers are too dumb to run
      the offense through him so they do not really take advantage as they
      should. Duncan for sure. Webber when he stops to realize that he's not
      6'4". But your point is well taken, there are not very many big post
      players and maybe not any in the East.

      --
      Gary Collard
      SABR-L Moderator

      "How can they call the internet connection dying on me no big deal?
      What if there's an emergency and I need to e-mail 9-1-1?"
      -- Jennifer Taylor