Re: NBA win-shares

  • monepeterson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2002
      Chiming in late on an old topic:

      > In terms of bias, I can't tell. I always like to see these things
      > applied to teams. He didn't so you can't see whether wins add up.
      > You can't see whether there is a bias to fast teams or to offensive
      > teams or to teams that have more assists. Those are pretty typical
      > biases that I can't read from what he's done.

      I've chatted with Sean (that's the feller's name) about his system.
      The wins do add up for teams as a whole, but only because the
      system's final team adjustment (essentially adjusted tendex points
      per win) ensures that it does.

      The intriguing thing about his system is establishing 60% of league
      level production (tendex/minute) as a "zero" level, something that
      seems, from a glance, to work pretty well. For this type of thing
      anyway.

      Moné