Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Yao Ming

  • Charles L. Steinhardt
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 27, 2002
      I don't know about merchandising, but surely they get ticket sales.

      And there will be Chinese that do business in the US that will be
      interested in seeing Houston play. Can't be a bad thing for the Rockets,
      can it?

      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 10, 2002
        --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "airiverson01" <airiverson01@y...> wrote:
        > what was his cba ft% and 3ptfg%?
        >
        > also he did play in the olympics. i taped the usa v. china game.
        > think he had two blocks a few points maybe and fouled out early in
        > the second half. i think he will be maybe an all star someday, but
        > probably not mvp or hof.

        I've got boxes for at least 6 of his Olympic games. They're not the
        greatest format. I could post them if other people want to reformat
        and repost in more useable format. Against the US, he had 5 pts, 2
        blocks, and 5 fouls in 15 minutes. Wang Zhi-Zhi played a lot better
        than Ming. The US shot 57% against the Chinese and won by 47. They
        got 70 points in the paint. They got 22 points off second shots and
        completely dominated the offensive boards. Part of Ming's problem
        was that the guards could not get him the ball. On the defensive
        side, I'm not sure what you can blame his problems on.