Re: [APBR_analysis] Walter Berry and other head cases

  • bchaikin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2002

      also if i remember didn't oliver miller turn down a huge-something-like 3 year $9 million contract ($3 mil/season) from toronto to play out his option with i think phoenix? after that you heard little if anything about him...kinda drummed himself out of the league...
    • alleyoop2
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 19, 2002
        Are we talking about players who had bad attitudes or players who had
        weight problems? Oliver Miller, Dinner Bell Mel Turpin, Ike Austin
        and John Hot Plate Williams would all be examples of weight issues.

        As far as attitude, I can't believe nobody mentioned Derrick Coleman
        yet. A few other examples would be John Brisker, Marvin Barnes and
        Warren Jabali, Benoit Benjamin, Joe Barry Carroll (aka Joe Barely
        Cares), Cedric "vacation" Ceballos, Chris Morris, Rony Seikaly,
        Robert Horry (in Phoenix), Latrell Sprewell (in Golden St.) and Olden
        Polynice. Somebody asked about Jim Jackson before; he's bitched about
        minutes everywhere he's played, so he's definitey in too. Most of
        these guys are big men; I guess coaches are willing to put up with
        more because size is so scarce.