Re: [APBR_analysis] Walter Berry and other head cases

  • bchaikin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2002

      vernon maxwell played for 8 different teams in 13 seasons, and was a starter for 6-8 of those years, so he doesn't qualify for the booted-out-of-the-league-for-attitude group. but he was surely moved around from team-to-team because of his seemingly constant angry attitude towards playing, not for any lack of talent. best seasons were around 17 pts/g and 5 ast/g and some good "D".....
    • bchaikin@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 18, 2002

        also if i remember didn't oliver miller turn down a huge-something-like 3 year $9 million contract ($3 mil/season) from toronto to play out his option with i think phoenix? after that you heard little if anything about him...kinda drummed himself out of the league...
      • alleyoop2
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 19, 2002
          Are we talking about players who had bad attitudes or players who had
          weight problems? Oliver Miller, Dinner Bell Mel Turpin, Ike Austin
          and John Hot Plate Williams would all be examples of weight issues.

          As far as attitude, I can't believe nobody mentioned Derrick Coleman
          yet. A few other examples would be John Brisker, Marvin Barnes and
          Warren Jabali, Benoit Benjamin, Joe Barry Carroll (aka Joe Barely
          Cares), Cedric "vacation" Ceballos, Chris Morris, Rony Seikaly,
          Robert Horry (in Phoenix), Latrell Sprewell (in Golden St.) and Olden
          Polynice. Somebody asked about Jim Jackson before; he's bitched about
          minutes everywhere he's played, so he's definitey in too. Most of
          these guys are big men; I guess coaches are willing to put up with
          more because size is so scarce.