915Re: [APBR_analysis]

    Apr 30, 2002
      > A truly valid quantitative measure, such as value over replacement,
      has
      > the correct balance between longevity and excellence already built
      in.

      One other thing here. I guess this assumes that we can get just one
      number to express value in a season. Win-shares is a number, but I
      think there was already the concern that no loss-shares were
      expressed. Then my question becomes (which is more relevant to
      basketball than to baseball): What's a better player -- one with a 5-
      2 win loss record or one with an 8-8 win loss record?

      I have no conceptual answer for that one.