824A few questions
- Apr 3, 2002I'm away for a while after today, but here are some of the questions
in my head that I won't be able to tackle for a while:
1. Why is Detroit so much better this year than last? Offense?
Defense? Have the new players been important to one or the other?
Or have Stackhouse, Wallace, etc. improved? (It's weird to
say "Stackhouse and Wallace" again, just as I did when a different
Wallace teamed with Stack at UNC.) Detroit should have won more
games last year, based on their pt differential, but that's not all
of it by any means.
2. Is there any team that can beat the Lakers in the playoffs?
How? Hack-a-Shaq (which we haven't heard anything about this year)?
Stop the Big Two or stop the peripheral players? Are there any
characteristics in the wins against the Lakers during the regular
season that are applicable to the playoffs?
3. How tight is the Eastern Conference? I don't think the Nets are
a lock to come out of it at all. I read that Philly could easily
knock off the 1 seed because Iverson will be back for the playoffs.
I saw something similar about Charlotte.
4. Re-evaluation of the Chicago-Indiana trade. MikeG posted some
facts a couple weeks ago. With Indiana suffering a bit right now,
I'm curious again. What are the teams' records since the trade?
Have their been any other changes in individual/team performance? We
would have expected that Artest's acquisition would have helped
Indiana's team D. Did it? With Chicago cooling off, I am interested
5. Duke's Jason Williams: How good will he be? Why? Any similar
players come to mind? How do their stats compare? What about Juan
Dixon? Lonny Baxter entered the draft last year, but now no one is
talking about him as even a draft possibility. Any other opinions?
Has anyone seen this Qyntel Woods guy?
6. What happened in Houston? Francis was out for a while. Did his
performance decline, too? They lost Olajuwon, which should have hurt
the D. Did it decline?
7. David Stern recently said that because the economy is cooling,
ticket prices should go down. What drugs is he on?
That's a decent list.
- Next post in topic >>