822Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Answering comments on Efficiency vs. Productivity (Western Econ Assoc Mtg)

    Apr 3, 2002
      On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, HoopStudies wrote:

      > > > area, the Western Economics Association is having a meeting in
      > > > Seattle June 29 - July 3 this year and they do have a couple
      > sessions
      > > > on sports economics. Could be very boring or tedious if they get

      > I have the program and will try to post it later (when I get home).

      Okay, the WEA website didn't have any program info, just registration

      > I can send a couple citations where economics journals have verged
      > into the realm of sports statistics analysis.

      Yes, I'd like to see them -- economists should be capable of doing good
      work in this field, but as I said, most of the stuff, including especially
      the good stuff, that I've seen is by operations researchers.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic