611Chandler (was: nice methods)

    Feb 9, 2002
      On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Ed Weiland wrote:

      [...]

      > might be better off trusting the experts here. Since
      > Chandler has moved into the starting lineup, I'm
      > guessing he'll get about 1000 more minutes this
      > season. At season's end we should have a better idea
      > of what he's going to become.

      Yeah, the starting, and the accompanying minutes should
      have two benefits: he'll presumably learn more and faster,
      and we observers will get a much better sense of how he's
      developing.

      And I think in cases like this, first-hand observations
      such as the ones you've made are necessary. Those of us from
      afar can only look at his stats, which will probably be lousy.
      But for a 19-year old rookie, lousy stats have to be expected,
      it what's you see him doing or not doing on the court that is
      probably a better forecast of his future.