602Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: nice methods

    Feb 7 12:48 PM
      On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, HoopStudies wrote:

      > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., Ed Weiland <weiland1029@y...> wrote:
      > > Tyson Chandler has a chance to be a special player. It
      > > may take another year or two, but the talent is
      > > obvious. I've don't think I've ever seen a player this
      > > tall who was as athletic.
      >
      > You've said this before. Given how rarely the Bulls are on TV, it's
      > no surprise I haven't seen him, but I am really curious, though. Who
      > do you think he is most similar to? Most people say "tall"
      > and "athletic" and they are referring to Kevin Garnett. Is that
      > realistic?

      I'm curious too. I've only seen him once, in the LA Pro Summer League
      (actually I think it was called the Dada Summer League this past summer).
      At that point he was extremely raw and the two crossroads for him that I
      saw led to (a) Kevin Garnett and (b) Brad Sellers. It was absolutely too
      early to tell which way he would end up.

      People who have seen him more often, throughout the season, are in a much
      better position to evaluate. But unless he starts making some obvious
      Kobe-type teenage strides, it could easily be 3-4 years before we know
      where he'll end up. Or maybe it'll only take 1-2 years as Ed Weiland
      says.