593Re: the Bad Team Effect

  • mikel_ind
    Feb 6, 2002
      Michael T: I stand corrected, and henceforth I will either look it
      up, or leave Sonics commentary to the many Sonics fans in the group.

      > On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, mikel_ind wrote:
      >
      > > without Payton, the Sonics sucked; and Anthony was
      >

      >..... A more accurate description would be
      that
      > without Payton, the Sonics were mediocre -- or should have been.
      But
      > Anthony early in the season was making them suck at a point per
      minute.

      > > the one guy that was always in when Payton was out.
      >
      > There's more to it than that: that's the way the Sonics (and
      Anthony)
      > played in the first half of the season, but in the second half
      Anthony was
      > highly productive. ...>
      >
      > --MKT

      Anthony played 13 mpg (80 G), Payton played 38 mpg; Nate McMillan
      even played 279 minutes that year. So GP and Anthony had to be on
      the floor together for at least 1/3 of the minutes Anthony played.

      So I was wrong all over.

      But I do concur that Anthony's year-end stats suggest he was one of
      the better backup PGs in '98.

      Mike Goodman
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic