592Re: nice methods

  • mikel_ind
    Feb 6, 2002

      >...... The Clips are better with Brand. The
      > Bulls are better without Brand. So how good is Brand? Context
      > sensitive.

      "The Bulls are better without Brand" is only half a comment.

      "...than they would be if they still had him"?

      or "...than they were when they had him"?

      One might imagine that 10-36 is a better mark than 15-67, but the
      Bulls' average score is 85.7-94.4, compared to 87.5-96.6 last year.
      No significant change in the scoring.

      Ron Artest is suddenly a star this year. Brad Miller and Marcus
      Fizer are suddenly serious players. Mercer and Hoiberg have dropped
      off, but Anthony has come along, with Oakley, while nobody
      significant has been dumped.

      With the coaching change, I would agree "the Bulls are better"; but
      with Brand they might actually be contending.
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic