5355Re: similarity scores

  • thedawgsareout
    Dec 6, 2004
      > Using the (3FG * 3FG%)/MP is a way to rate players in these
      > categories that I hadn't considered; I'll have to put these into
      > my formulae and see how the output shapes up.

      That's a good way of doing it. I considered it (I think) before
      deciding to go with something along the same lines but slightly
      different.

      I'm not sure, however, that it makes sense to do the same for two-
      point percentage, in that you don't have the kind of sample size
      issues with twos you have with threes (i.e. Player X goes 2-3 --
      that obviously isn't sufficient to conclude he's a 67% three-poitn
      shooter) and in that two-point attempts are already contained
      somewhat in possession rate.

      I'd also suggest reporting your scores out of 100 instead of 1000,
      since that's the format we're generally used to.
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic