      From: Stephen Greenwell [mailto:sgre6768@...]
      Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 2:20 PM
      To: APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [APBR_analysis] Re: How well do players play on no rest?

      Has there been a study done on how players on average perform on 0, 1, etc. days of rest?  I haven't seen it if it exists.  From anecdotal experience, I've normally played my best basketball the day or day after a long session - I tend to be a little more tired and try to force the issue less, creating less turnovers.  Maybe Gooden operates in a similar fashion and focuses on boxing people out (increased rebounds) and playing defense?

      Stephen Greenwell

      That was my first thought too!

      More seriously, maybe he has elderly or low-stamina teammates
      who play poorly on 0 days rest.  So on the second game of a
      back-to-back, *he* becomes a go-to guy.

      Without looking at additional players and years of data, my
      most likely guess is that it's just a random blip.