5336How well do players play on no rest?

  • Gabe Farkas
    Dec 3, 2004
      Taking a look at the per-days-of-rest splits for Drew
      Gooden this year, I found something peculiar:

      0 days rest - 34.4 mpg, 16.2 ppg, 13.2 rpg, 4.4 FTA/g,
      2.4 bpg, 1.2 spg

      1 days rest - 29 mpg, 11.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 3.8 FTA/g, 1
      bpg, .5 spg

      2 days rest - 26.5 mpg, 7 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.5 FTA/g, .8
      bpg, 1.8 spg,

      Except for the 1.8 spg on 2 days rest (mostly
      resulting from a 4 steal outburst against the Wizards
      on 11/13), he seems to be playing significantly better
      on no rest. I found this interesting, because I
      noticed the same pattern with him last year as well.

      Anyone have any theories on why this might be? What is
      the "optimal" number of days of rest for players?

      http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic