4453Re: Early FA signings

  • harlanzo
    Jul 3 9:20 PM
      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Greenwell
      <sgre6768@p...> wrote:Does Martin still want a maximum contract?
      That seems like a bit of a stretch. He's rated as the 12th best PF
      by PER. He regarded as a quality defender, but I doubt he's
      anywhere close to the player that Elton Brand is, who's the third
      rated PF.

      Camby is a bit lower than Martin in PER, but I'd favor Martin over
      him too; Martin isn't as injury prone, he's younger, and probably a
      better defender. Martin vs. Nash, the distinction isn't as clear in
      my mind - Nash if it's a short term deal, Martin if it's long-term.
      However, I still think it will be a mistake if anyone gives Martin a
      max-deal, or tries to build a team around him.

      Stephen Greenwell

      I agree KMart isn't a max guy but better to overpay him than Camby
      (this all depends on how much they gave Camby).
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic