4451Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Early FA signings

  • Stephen Greenwell
    Jul 3, 2004
      Camby is a worse deal.  He is always injured and they have a bunch
      of younger guys who can block shots (Elson, Chris Andersen).
      Camby's good but this might cost them a chance at KMart.

      Does Martin still want a maximum contract?  That seems like a bit of a stretch.  He's rated as the 12th best PF by PER.  He regarded as a quality defender, but I doubt he's anywhere close to the player that Elton Brand is, who's the third rated PF.

      Camby is a bit lower than Martin in PER, but I'd favor Martin over him too; Martin isn't as injury prone, he's younger, and probably a better defender.  Martin vs. Nash, the distinction isn't as clear in my mind - Nash if it's a short term deal, Martin if it's long-term.  However, I still think it will be a mistake if anyone gives Martin a max-deal, or tries to build a team around him.

      Stephen Greenwell
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic