4195Re: Detroit vs. LA

  • jim@basketballmetrics
    Jun 4, 2004
      > And watch out for Mehmet.

      I think Detroit should consider starting Mehmet Okur.
      Against Shaq, Okur might be their best matchup. Okur is heavier than
      Rasheed or Ben and is about as tall as Rasheed. Okur isn't going to
      stop Shaq but I think Okur can give Shaq a more difficult time than
      Rasheed or Ben. On offense, Okur is a better shooter than both and
      he has a pretty good post game. In rebounding, I have Okur with a
      15.3 Reb%, Ben with 18.8% and Rasheed with 11.3%. And so replacing
      Rasheed with Okur, Detroit gains rebounding, and replacing Ben with
      Okur, Detroit loses rebounding, but they gain offense.
    • Show all 49 messages in this topic