3731RE: [APBR_analysis] Re: Dampier (was Article from _The Economist_)

    Apr 12, 2004
      From: John Hollinger [mailto:alleyoop2@...]
      Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:58 PM

      > And other players such as Terry Cummings and Ron Harper
      >> seem to extend their careers by stopping from shooting period, and
      >just becoming
      >> defensive role players.
      >>

      >Cummings? I don't think Terry Cummings will stop shooting until he
      >dies or his arm falls off.

      Oops, right you are. Still he did _reduce_ his shooting later in his
      career, after ... was it a leg injury, or the heart problem, that
      caused him to miss most of the 1993 season? Anyway, prior to that
      he jacked up FGas at a Cummings-esque 25+ per 48 minutes; after that
      he was under 18 per 48. Which is not exactly shy shooting, but I do
      remember noticing the difference in his style when he played with the
      Sonics; he was basically a role-playing backup center instead of a
      shot-happy PF.