3292Re: My version of WINVAL (my analysis of it)

  • dan_t_rosenbaum
    Feb 28, 2004
      My latest version does exactly what asked and the evidence suggests
      that the values for offensive and defensive rebounds probably are
      about the same. If anything, there is a slightly higher value for
      defensive rebounds. Perhaps guys who specialize in getting
      offensive rebounds tend to not be offensive threats, which makes it
      harder for their teammates to score. These WINVAL statistics would
      pick up such externalities, while the accounting-type approach
      inherent in Tendex, PER, and DeanO's stuff would not pick up such
      externalities.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "wimpds" <wimpds@y...> wrote:
      > Dan,
      >
      > Thanks a lot for doing this. Quite interesting, though I wish the
      > collinearity wasn't so damaging. Perhaps you could run a model
      that
      > could contribute to another discussion going on? What happens
      when
      > you separate offensive and defensive rebounds? Other work would
      > suggest we'd get a larger coefficient for offensive rebounds.
      >
      > Ben
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic