3218Re: Nowitzki and Nash (was Beat Doesn't Go On)

    Feb 11, 2004
      You're correct on Nowitzki -- he battled ankle problems much of the
      first half of the season and probably shouldn't have been out there
      on a few nights. Lately he's been himself again and has played more
      Dirklike over the past month.

      Nash, I think, was just over his head last year, but I guess we'll
      see in the second half.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "monepeterson" <mone@s...>
      wrote:
      > > I also forecasted here at the start of the season the
      > > dips of Nowitzki and Nash, though I didn't say how long I thought
      > > they'd last. I'm getting a better sense that they may be
      permanent
      > > now.
      >
      > Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's permanent? My own
      > impression, strictly from watching the games, is that neither
      Nowitzki
      > or Nash look right, physically. Could it be partially related to
      > fatigue from playing in the World Championships over the summer? I
      > remember someone doing a study on drops in Dream Team performance,
      but
      > I don't know how valid that is.
      >
      > The other impression I'm getting is that having Walker in the
      offense
      > isn't helping.
      >
      > Moné
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic