2603Re: celtics vin

  • wimpds
    Oct 31, 2003
      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, john1974@u... wrote:

      > On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, wimpds wrote:
      >
      > > Tangential point, but I didn't think any of his years in
      Cleveland
      > > were really that bad. It was in Portland where he really stunk
      it
      > > up.
      >
      > I got the years mixed up. He was off in 97-98, recovered nicely in
      99, and was terrible in 99-2000. And yes, I would say that a forward
      who shoots 41.7% from the field and doesn't have lots of 3s to pull
      up his effective percentage is terrible. Even if he does manage to
      score 18 a night.

      I agree with you on the valuation of the years relative to each
      other, but perhaps relative to the rest of the league. Not a lot of
      3's, but he was still among the best in the league at getting to the
      line in 99-00. Being the best player on a 32 win team might not be
      the highlight of his career, but there certainly was a big drop off
      after that season. For what it's worth, here is where I have Kemp's
      rank in the league by season:

      2003 kemp,shawn 144
      2002 kemp,shawn 224
      2001 kemp,shawn 196