2460Re: Chemistry thoughts

    Oct 9, 2003
      One other thing, tying this and the Olympic quals together -- in
      looking at the 2002 World's team that did so poorly, I believe that is
      a team that struggled from lack of chemistry. Andre Miller and Paul
      Pierce dominated the possessions (up over 30% of team possessions in
      an all-star lineup?). Maybe it was because the low box guys weren't
      big scorers, but I do think more effort should have been spent to get
      those low post guys to look to score. I haven't done the full
      calculations, but I'm guessing that that team could have been about
      10% better offensively if they'd spread the ball around a bit more.
      Harder to determine how chemistry would have impacted the defensive
      side, but probably some because the big guys were decent defenders in
      Wallace, O'Neal, and A. Davis (Brand suffers a little).

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic