2244Re: The strategy

    Jun 1, 2003
      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Pelton" <kpelton08@h...>
      wrote:
      > For what it's worth, if you take out defensive rebounds and
      consider
      > just whether they let opponents make shots (or turn the ball over),
      > the Nets drop to third:
      >
      > Sacramento - 85.0
      > San Antonio - 85.7
      > New Jersey - 85.8
      > Indiana - 87.2
      > Detroit - 87.7
      >
      > New Jersey had a much better defensive rebound % than Sacramento
      and
      > San Antonio, both of whom were below average. Detroit had the best
      > defensive rebounding % in the league, so that's why they shoot up
      > taking that as part of defense.

      All this and Bob's stuff is consistent with what I do. That's good.
      We're all on the same page. Kevin is pointing at a points per 100
      play number, which I don't calculate much. I look at the difference
      shown above between Sac and NJ as pretty much noise. Estimates of
      plays and possessions are good to just under 1%, so differences of
      less than 1 in these numbers aren't really differences.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic