1790Re: On a lighter note...

  • John Hollinger <alleyoop2@yahoo.com>
    Feb 18, 2003
      <!-- RANT -->

      Bruce Bowen, Michael Curry, and to a lesser extent Eric Williams
      should be fascinating studies for our crowd. In fact, we should be
      devoting huge amounts of attention to these guys.

      Whether you're using Tendex, PER, or another system to statistically
      rate players, you're going to come up with a rating for all three of
      them that shows them to be absolutely horrible. Yet all three are
      important players on good teams.

      To me, that underscores more than anything how many miles behind we
      are in the study of defense and how much work needs to be done. Folks
      aren't going to take statistical ratings seriously if they don't pass
      the laugh test, and if we're rating Bruce Bowen and Michael Curry as
      the two worst players in the league, then we don't pass it.

      <!-- END RANT -->

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic