1745Re: Height impacts

  • Mike G <msg_53@hotmail.com>
    Feb 3, 2003
      > (I don't remember how to post tables so they format right, so I may
      try
      > this a couple times.)

      Hey, the table looks great, until you try to reply to it.

      > (MikeG - did you notice that your minutes played ratio is over 1 in
      1995
      > before expansion and less than 1 in 1996, the year of expansion?)

      Nah, 1996 is consistent. You might have noticed 1988 looking
      expansive while '89 should have but didn't. But '85 also shows
      inflated minutes, for no good reason.

      In any case, I don't entirely 'trust' this table any more than the
      previous one I did. So just for kicks, here are the two side-by-
      side. A 3rd column is merely the average of the other 2.

      I'm only listing the year of measurement (against the previous year);
      then the average ratio in minutes played, for guys playing both
      years; then the average in minutes-per-game; then the average of
      those 2.

      yr min. mpg. avg.
      53 .951 1.023 .987
      54 .905 .946 .925
      55 .891 .918 .905
      56 .922 .935 .929
      57 .998 .944 .971
      58 .995 .955 .975
      59 .975 1.010 .993
      60 .983 .921 .952
      61 .941 .964 .953
      62 1.107 1.050 1.079
      63 .901 .912 .907
      64 .969 .940 .955
      65 .925 .960 .943
      66 .968 .976 .972
      67 1.079 1.061 1.070
      68 1.188 1.201 1.195
      69 1.046 1.014 1.030
      70 .974 .971 .973
      71 1.052 1.050 1.051
      72 .917 .933 .925
      73 .938 .954 .946
      74 1.008 .971 .989
      75 1.019 .963 .991
      76 .951 .923 .937
      77 .942 .870 .906
      78 1.000 .983 .992
      79 .970 .976 .973
      80 .986 .950 .968
      81 1.003 1.003 1.003
      82 .945 .936 .940
      83 .992 .956 .974
      84 .962 .993 .978
      85 1.012 .943 .977
      86 .987 .960 .974
      87 .988 .962 .975
      88 1.010 .987 .998
      89 .990 1.014 1.002
      90 1.025 1.016 1.020
      91 .989 .957 .973
      92 .971 .979 .975
      93 .955 .928 .941
      94 .970 .947 .959
      95 .998 .947 .973
      96 1.012 1.010 1.011
      97 .992 .988 .990
      98 .970 .963 .967
      99 .948 .960 .954
      00 .973 .947 .960
      01 1.015 no data

      Now '88 has sunk beneath the waves, as has '85. Every expansion year
      shows minutes-inflation, while every non-expansion year <1.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic