1721Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Cross Generational Simulating/Comparisons

  • bchaikin@aol.com
    Jan 28, 2003
      One last try.

      If a team of 6'7" guys wins in a league where the average is 6'5", would that team do as well in a league where the average is 6'7"?  My sense is No.  Coaches/scouts say No.  The stats say No.  Bob says Yes, it's already accounted for in their basic stats.

      if you are going to pose questions, but then answer your own questions for me yourself, need i be in the discussion?....

      i never said yes to this question, so please do not attempt to verify your position by posing questions but then also answering them for me...

      we were not talking about a league of 6'7" guys nor 6'5" guys nor any other league other than the NBA (except maybe the ABA), a league where the variation in height changes little from season to season. if you want to do a study of average team height on a year-by-year basis and plot it versus W-L record over time, and present it here as statistical evidence to verify your points for determining some sort of correlation or adjusment factor, go for it. more statistical eveidence is always good. but i'll still look at the NBA stats the players generate and not worry about their height, weight, eye color, or political affiliations...

      if a league of 6'7" 150 lb guys with very short arms wins in a league of 6'5" 250 lb guys with very long arms, would that team do as well in a league where everyone else was 6'7" 250 lbs with very long arms? my sense is who cares about any multiple number of factors that can all present their own different statistical bias's? just look at the stats they produce....

      bob chaikin
      bchaikin@...

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic