1716Re: Cross Generational Simulating/Comparisons

  • Dean Oliver <deano@rawbw.com>
    Jan 27, 2003
      Lots to respond to, but one quick thing for now.

      > How a simulation should handle different average heights and
      weights hasn't
      > been answered.
      >
      > every season NBA teams of varying heights and weights play each
      other, and
      > that doesn't seem to cause any problems. is there some sort of
      discernable
      > pattern to equate an advantage or disadvantage statistically in the
      span of
      > one season such that NBA teams of varying hts and wts cannot be
      compared
      > directly? if so state it, if not then why should this be an
      impediment to
      > more than one season of comparisons?...

      So, if I can show that on average shorter teams do worse than taller
      teams and I can show that 1960's teams are on average shorter than
      1990's teams, is that reasonable evidence that the 1990's teams are
      likely to be better? Is that a fair test?