      From: Mike G [mailto:msg_53@...]
      Sent: 2002-10-24 (星期四) 6:34
      To: APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [APBR_analysis] Re: Playoff overachievers, revisited

      --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Michael Tamada" <tamada@o...> wrote:
      > The top of the list, in career 'extra' pts + reb + ....
      >
      > 835 Michael Jordan
      > 675 Bill Russell
      > 578 Hakeem Olajuwon
      > 577 Reggie Miller
      > 548 Kareem
      > 545 Isiah Thomas
      > 476 Jerry West
      > 434 John Havlicek
      > 410 Robert Horry
      >
      > [...]
      >
      > Fascinating, good to see that some of our subjective
      judgements are backed by some statistical evidence, i.e. the way
      Reggie always seemed to come through big time, and of course Horry.

      Horry has had only 1 weak playoff, his first year in LA. He
      shot .638 (career best), but not often. Bad coaching?

      Horry's other playoffs are good from day 1, and several have been in
      the Monster class, especially his Rockets title runs. In his first 3
      years, 38% of his 3-pt FG came in the playoffs.

      Horry is kind of unique, in that he is a 2nd-tier player who can
      carry the best teams at the most crucial times.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic