1276Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Ballhogs (Bob's database)

    Sep 12, 2002
      On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Dean Oliver wrote:

      > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Mike G" <msg_53@h...> wrote:
      > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., bchaikin@a... wrote:

      [...]

      > > There are also a lot of columns I don't need, like certain
      > > percentages. This makes it harder to see the columns at the far
      > > right and left. If I am using it for an extended time, I compress
      > > the unused columns.
      >
      > I guess this is something I never thought of. I had expanded columns
      > to see things better (every time I open it), but hadn't compressed to
      > put things side by side.

      Bob's and MikeG's emails have been helpful. I guess a good succinct way
      to put the advice is: by all means jump into the database and start
      running queries. But at the point (which arrives soon) when you realize
      that you're getting the data that you want, but not in the convenient or
      easy-to-read form that you want, then it's time to RTF page of
      instructions, which I think cover all of the hints that BobC and MikeG
      have mentioned.