1255Re: Ballhogs ('Nique's postseasons)

    Sep 12, 2002
      Here are Dominique Wilkins' and teammates' numbers in years they got
      out of the first round. Adding assist rate to this list.

      1986 (9 games)
      player -- pct. sco. ast.
      Wilkins - .501 22.7 2.4
      Wittman - .541 15.6 2.9
      Willis -- .571 15.2 0.6
      Rivers -- .504 12.9 9.3
      Rollins - .562 `7.7 0.4

      1987 (8 G)
      Wilkins - .488 23.7 2.6
      Willis -- .540 15.5 0.6
      Wittman - .571 19.6 3.6
      Rivers -- .425 `7.3 13.1
      Rollins - .571 `6.6 0.5

      At least Rivers knows to pass, when he isn't hitting.

      1988 (12 G)
      Wilkins -- .525 29.1 2.7
      Rivers --- .515 15.2 10.1
      Wittman -- .495 10.8 4.2
      Willis --- .538 14.2 0.4
      Levingston .596 14.2 1.1

      Gee, I guess that's it. Then 3 years of 1st-round exits, and 2 with
      no playoffs. So Nique's best years weren't great years for the Hawks.

      It does look like Nique rather shot his team out of the playoffs some
      years. Their EC Finals appearance in 1988 was their peak, and I
      don't think it was anything but a great performance by D. Wilkins.
      (Culminating in classic shootout with Larry Bird).
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic